Monday, August 11, 2014

Port Townsend

July 12 we decided we would go for an adventure and check out a town about an hour away called Port Townsend.  It was a pretty drive on a windy road.  As we were coming into town, we passed this pretty stretch of boats.

And this amazing little house.

I love this little town!  It has the cutest littlest shops.  We went into a few that were second-hand stores and another that was repurposed furniture and cute decorations.  I will definitely have to revisit that store!  The kids had to take their picture with this giant Cookie Monster.

After wandering down the main roads, we were hot and ready for a treat.  We all shared a yummy sundae at this cute 50's diner.  



Then we spent some time looking at the water and watching the boats go sailing.

I saw this and my heart stopped.  I HAD to take a picture.  It felt like a picture from Italy.  Beautiful!  


We really wanted to go someplace where we could play in the water.  We followed signs into this campground area thinking we could play and then leave.  But to even get down to the water we had to pay a fee.  We asked the ranger if there was anywhere to go that was free.  She directed us to Salt Creek.  We followed her directions and ended up at this beautiful little stretch of beach.  It was kind of cool but we put on our hoodies and headed down the trail.

The kids each found a stick that they used to make designs in the sand the whole length of the beach we walked.  It was a really foggy day.

But so beautiful!  We have since been back and that day was clear and warm and swarming with people.  Love this place!  I am so glad my kids love to explore new places just as much as I do!  

1 comment:

Katie Lynn Goudie said...

Gah. I am so living vicariously through your blogs. It all looks so pretty! Love it! :)