We have been in Port Angeles, WA two weeks today, so I figured it was time for an update.
Saturday June 28th was the day we finished loading and cleaning the house. It was also the day we said good-bye to all the amazing friends we have made in UT. Earlier in the day we had lunch with Chant's mom and sister and that was when we said a very teary "See you soon" to them. My friend that I met my Sophomore year of college, Stacy, came to Margi's house so she could say good-bye.
Back at our home that evening, the tears and hugs continued.
And I was terribly sad to leave my dear friend Emily! It was so strange to be saying good-bye to the Young's again. We left Missouri in 2010 and they followed us from MO to UT in 2012. I miss my little buddy Canyun already! It's strange not having him around. I think Porter is a little lost without him too. (Gracie Young and the kids.)
And another sad good-bye was Bryce. We had great neighbors.
Chant and a friend from the ward, Scott Taylor, packed the truck Friday morning. They used every inch of available space. It was so well packed that when the people who helped us unload it saw how much we had in there they were really surprised. It was so much less stressful than our last move. I was in tears in Missouri when our kitchen table almost didn't make it in the truck because it was so full. And that time we had a two foot longer truck, no couch, and no washer and dryer. This time we had a washer, dryer, couch and loveseat. It was a miracle it all fit!
Our last night in our house my parents and the kids had a sleepover in the living room. The kids only had their blankets and pillows. My parents and Chant and I still had our mattresses out, so we had a good night sleep.
We had hoped to get to bed early, but that didn't happen. We were all starving, so my parents went to the store and got frozen pizza. That was actually kind of funny. I did't clean the stove because they were going to replace it anyway. It was pretty nasty! When my parents came up for Porter's birthday (June 6), my mom made monkey bread. But she used an angel food cake pan instead of a bundt pan. All the yummy juices leaked out and made the worst mess. When they turned the oven on, the whole house filled with smoke. And then we realized we didn't have any plates or even a knife to cut the pizza with. So Chant cleaned his pocket knife and used that and we just held the pizza. But we had to eat outside because of the smoke. It was awesome! We didn't get to bed till almost midnight.
1 comment:
Kara, I just caught up on about 4 or 5 of your most recent blog posts.Man I feel like all of us from school could just sit around and share the horror of the first few years of being out of school. I mean seriously. Well in the very least you and I could!
YOu have such an eloquent way of talking about your trials and wrapping them all up with the Gospel and a beautiful perspective. Thank you! I just love your words.
YOur fresh start looks incredible and I hope that it will be! I'm sure it will. Oh it is just so gorgeous. I looove your new yard and house and the ocean and mountains! Your going to be so inspired everday just seeing all that beauty. :) Thanks so much for sharing.
Post a Comment