Our next adventure started Sunday, June 29th at 6:30 a.m. That is when we loaded into the vehicles and drove away from our home of the last 3 years and 8 months. It was sad to say good-bye to the friends we have made and hard to be moving so far away from family again, but I am excited for what is ahead of us. This is a fresh start, a new beginning. I am hopeful about the future. I can't wait to discover all that awaits us in our new home.
Our first day we drove through 4 states. We drove from Utah to Idaho then Oregon and ended the day in Kennewick, Washington. It was a long day but the kids did great! We ended with dinner then swimming in the hotel pool.
Monday, June 30 was a shorter day. I forgot to get my camera out the first day, but I tried to do better as we got closer to our destination. We made a pit stop at a rest area, where I took these pictures. It was so awesome to see these mountains while standing in one place.
(Mt. Rainier)
A drive by shot of the ships in Tacoma.
This was taken from the highway halfway between Sequim (pronounced squim) and Port Angeles.
When Chant told me that P.A. had a Maurices, I gave him my okay. Any town that has my favorite store has to be great. I had to take a picture of it as we drove by.
This is a view from the highway driving into town. We were all pretty amazed to see the ships and the water right there. And that lovely budget truck pulling the car with the ghetto lawnmower and wheel barrow on top? That's ours.
Our home! We made it at last, pulling up at 3:00 p.m.
No comments:
Post a Comment