We are all really happy with our new home. First, it is about 500 sq. ft. larger than our last place. The rooms are bigger, all of them. But the main attraction for the kids is the amazing yard.
We don't have a garage, but a car port. This is taken from the side door under the carport looking our at the side yard.
And my backyard. We have these cool rock steps leading down from the front to the back. The large tree in the back has been affectionately named "Bill."
After a full day of unpacking Tuesday, we needed a break, so Wednesday the 2rd we went down to the Pier. This was taken from the Pier.
Standing on the Pier. And then the two below are the view of the town taken from the Pier.
I still can't get over how beautiful it is to be surrounded by trees and water. I love it!
Then we drove up to Herricane Ridge. The drive up was beautiful, but coming back down I had to close my eyes because the road is right on the edge of a cliff, then it's straight down. Couldn't take it!
We stopped at a little pull off and this guy was just wandering around a few feet away munching on leaves and grass.
He didn't care people were around. The kids thought it was so cool!
View from the top of Herricane Ridge. All of those peaks have names. I have no idea how they even know which one is which. Gorgeous day! I am so glad we went Wednesday and not Thursday, like we had originally planned. Thursday was overcast and grey. We wouldn't have seen much and I probably would have had a panic attack in the car driving up there through all that fog.
My house is coming together and I am really happy with it. I put Mom to work helping me decorate before she left. I am so glad I did! I love the way my living room looks. My mantle (not pictured yet) is a work in progress, but I am excited to show the finished product next week I hope!
The whole point of these pictures is just to show the windows, and really the pictures don't even do them justice. The living room windows run almost the whole length of the room and they go to about a foot up from the carpet. I LOVE them. The view is gorgeous and the light is amazing. The kitchen window gives a perfect view of the backyard. I can watch the kids ride their bikes up and down the alley and see them climbing Bill or watch as they blast-off in their spaceship fort. It's amazing. I wasn't sure I would be okay without AC, but I just open my front door and my side door and there is always a lovely breeze that goes through the house. I have been more than pleased with the cooler weather. Two weeks and so far only one day of a light drizzle. Every other day has been sunny and beautiful. I'm enjoying it while I can! More picture of the house to come.

5 comments:
I LOVE IT!!!! I am SO happy for you! I miss you though! Can I bring Emily and come visit!?
Yay! Just got caught up on everything and it all looks wonderful! I have always loved the Washington and Oregon area so I am feeling a little jealous! It looks beautiful!! So glad you are loving it so far! :)
So awesome! I love the yard and the house looks so great! Can't wait to come out for a visit! Love you!
Love it all!! Glad to see all the pics of it. I have been waiting for them anxiously!!
Isn't Washington so pretty? I love it here. I am glad you are settling in. :)
Post a Comment