Thursday, January 5, 2012

Something Strange is Going On


(Spinach Mushroom Enchiladas)

(Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup)


I despise cooking. Seriously. Despise. We have been married for 8 years and making dinner has been my biggest struggle. I never know what to make and I have never been very good at menu planning so I am always scrambling at 5:00 to scrape something together. Not a pleasant experience for me.

Well a few weeks ago Chant invited me to Pinterest and helped show me how the site works. I thought that might be a good place to look for new recipes to try. That first week I tried 4 new dinners and one fruit dip recipe. And now I'm hooked. Every day I am scanning Pinterest for new ones to add to my list. I've become a little food obsessed, in a good way. I've even planned out what meals I am going to make for the week for the past 3 weeks. Amazing how much more calm my evenings are now. Put on some music have the kids help me. It's even been, dare I say, fun! Last night we made ham and cheese crepes. Although the sauce wasn't my favorite, the kids enjoyed helping me stuff the crepes and roll them. Making dinner has become somewhat of a family event. I even went so far as to talk about a way to organize recipes. Chant got me everything I need for Christmas and I am so excited to sit down this afternoon and make it! And last night I even dreamed about making the new recipes I found on Pinterest yesterday. Something is seriously wrong here!



(Coconut Shrimp Curry)


(White Chicken Enchiladas. Tried this one. Seriously so good!)

5 comments:

Liana Brown said...

I am totally with you on DESPISING cooking!! Except I haven't found the cure yet. Joel thankfully loves to cook, so that helps a ton. But there are plenty of nights I'm doing the same scramble to find something semi-good to make. I HATE HATE HATE it!! I haven't been on Pinterest in a while. Maybe I should try your method and maybe I will get hooked like you!! Those all look so good!

Amie Orton said...

oh yes pintertest has changed many of our lives. I love it too! I"ll have to try that coconut curry thing. Way to go. I struggle with dinner too. And pinterest is definately my go to for ideas. After you look at your food pinterest board, I'm like, I need to live a lot longer so I can have time to make all these things! So opposite of there is nooothing to make!
I haven't invited kids to join me yet like you! Such a good mother Kara. :) Hope all is well!

Seth said...

Seriously!! I don't know how I lived before pinterest! You would think a home ec teacher can plan meals. Grocery shopping is the worst! Now I just hop on my recipe board and done! I'll have to follow you to see what else you are cooking:)

BensonFam said...

Will you e-mail me the chicken enchilada recipe? It looks amazing!

Lisa said...

I love pinterest too! So many good recipes and ideas. You are so funny by the way. I am glad to see you getting into it! It makes it more enjoyable to cook when you have it all planned out huh?!