Our move from Missouri happened very quickly and it was earlier than expected. I still had things I was planning and looking forward to. One of those things was book club. The book selection was The Hunger Games Trilogy. I was so excited to discuss them. I love those books! I was beyond disappointed when we moved before book club. Chant isn't a reader and I was feeling lonely, missing my book club girls. I needed someone who I could share my love of books with. Although he isn't a person, O.Henry has been a comfort to me. He guards my reading chair and looks over my shoulder as I pour through the pages of my beloved books. He understands me. Why O. Henry? I just thought he looked like a Henry and it didn't hurt that O. Henry was the pen name of Williams Sydney Porter. It fits. And I love him!
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Reading Buddy
Our move from Missouri happened very quickly and it was earlier than expected. I still had things I was planning and looking forward to. One of those things was book club. The book selection was The Hunger Games Trilogy. I was so excited to discuss them. I love those books! I was beyond disappointed when we moved before book club. Chant isn't a reader and I was feeling lonely, missing my book club girls. I needed someone who I could share my love of books with. Although he isn't a person, O.Henry has been a comfort to me. He guards my reading chair and looks over my shoulder as I pour through the pages of my beloved books. He understands me. Why O. Henry? I just thought he looked like a Henry and it didn't hurt that O. Henry was the pen name of Williams Sydney Porter. It fits. And I love him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I loved the Hunger Games. I find it funny that you did! Just because when I first started them I thought about telling you to read them...then they got pretty gruesome! ha ha. But I loved them. Glad you did too! Hope you guys are doing good. Wish you were closer so we could see you and talk more, however...I'm so grateful that your close then before! miss you guys!
this is SO funny! you are too cute Kara.
O. Henry.
I loove hunger games!
We should conference call you into our book clubs!
Haha! That's funny Crystal!
I thought he was very cute when I came to your house!
Post a Comment