Thursday Kristy (the bride), Jen, and I went shopping for hair accessories. It was so nice to have some sister time. Thanks ladies, I loved it!
Thursday evening we were able to go to the temple as a family. It was so special!
Friday Chant, Margi, the kids and I spent 4 1/2 hours at the church decorating for the reception. The bulk of that time was spent stringing white lights. It looked so beautiful! And the kids enjoyed having the run of the stage and nursery.
In the evening they had a friends and family dinner. It was casual and just so fun to walk around and talk to everyone. And the amazing food was a perk!
Saturday was the big day! It was perfect, I thought. The ceremony was at 3:00 so we had the morning to get ready, and watch the bride-to-be pack for the Honeymoon.
The ceremony was beautiful and both Mike and Kristy were just glowing. Mike even shed a tear or two. So sweet. They are a perfect match and I am so glad to have Mike for a bro-in-law. He is going to be a lot of fun to have around!
I felt so special because Kristy asked me to come back to the bride's room with Margi and Jen. We were able to help her get ready for pictures. She was absolutely radiant! We took pictures outside the temple. (Unfortunately I don't have any of those.) Then there was about 2 hours before the reception started so we got some dinner. Brinn was so excited because we went to Pizza Hut and she was able to use her Book-It coupon.
Then at 7:00 the party started. This picture and the one above are Kristy getting a few curls put in before partying. She looked so beautiful! And the red clips in her hair were perfect!
We are so excited for them! We love you guys!
2 comments:
That's so awesome for her!!! Glad that you guys had a good trip. I bet it feels good to get away and do something fun! Miss you guys!
Congrats to Jen!! I didn't even know she was engaged! What a fun time you guys had.
Post a Comment