Monday, February 8, 2010

Spring Fever





Spring Fever is definitely setting in at my house. Don't get me wrong, we love snow but I was just hoping it would stop for a little while. See, Grandma is coming on the 17th and I had visions of trips to the zoo dancing in my head. But alas, the snow and cold are putting a glitch in my plans. And my kids are getting a little stir crazy, as evident in the photos. We are resorting to cleaning the carpets and riding older sisters as if they were ponies for entertainment. Porter is dressing himself now, or at least adding the accessories. Pretty classy looking I think. But even though our agenda during Grandma's visit will be missing the outdoorsy adventures, I have plenty of projects, believe you me. The list includes making dresses and skirts for the girls, attempting craftiness with jewelry making and recovering pillows, and cooking, lots of cooking! I have to glean as many recipes from Mom's head as I can while she is here. We are in need of some new meal ideas.

In other news, I am addicted to reading. Anyone want to join a readers anonymous group with me? We will be discussing how to pull yourself away from a good book long enough to change the baby's diaper and keep the older ones from reeking havoc on your home. That, and sharing book titles. My current obsession is goodreads.com. SOO many books, too little time. At least that is one thing winter is good for, more reading time! Okay, I guess the snow can stay a little longer ;)

3 comments:

Liana Brown said...

We have it too! I want to go outside with Jaxon and play! Haha Your kids are too cute!

Just the three of us,,, said...

Ahh I must agree..We are going stur crazy over here. I feel like I have been in the house for months. I just want to take Everett outside again and not freeze! LOL So this means we NEED to get together. Its been WAY too long! When does grandma leave? I will call you and we can get together sometime after that. Maybe the weather will be nicer ;)

Crystal and Billy said...

It was good to see you today, Kara. In case you forget, the website is www.allrecipes.com