Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Grandmas=Projects

My mom got to town last Wed the 17th. In anticipation of her arrival I began a lengthy list of projects I wanted her to help me with. Our first 2 days we didn't do any of them. We spent the first day visiting a few of my friends. Friday we attended my nephew's graduation from Boot Camp at Fort Leonard Wood. We are so proud of him! To quote my mom, "He looked pretty sharp in his army outfit."

I figured after two days of slacking we needed to get to work. Our first project: jewelry. Mom has been obsessed with making bead watch bands. We made a few of those as well as bracelets and necklaces. I got a few new pieces and so did the girls. And we look pretty darn good in our new bling. Brinnley made all of her own things. She even got creative and made an anklet.

Next, Mom made me this fancy new apron. Love the bright greens, oranges and yellows!

The girls bathroom has been void of any decoration except for a Dora the Explorer shower curtain. We have redone their bathroom. It now has a bright funky shower curtain in pinks and turquoises. And we added flamingos for color. I will take pics!

The last project is in the works: spring dresses for the girls. Pictures to come of those when they are finished. Wish us luck because we are sans patterns and we are winging it!






























Just because. I think for leaving the house at 8:30 for church we look nice and relatively happy.

3 comments:

Crystal and Billy said...

Cute apron, and good luck on the dresses. I like to sew "sans patterns" myself.

Cam and Mary said...

Wow, what fun stuff you have going on! I'm so glad your mom is there with you. I bet your kids are loving it, too! Can't wait to see the rest of your projects!

Randi and Adam said...

I'm so happy your mom is there! I know how much you guys have missed your family!!! Those beaded watch bands are addicting. I did them for everyone for Christmas and I have a "few" :). Sounds like you had a Happy Birthday!!! Wish we could have you guys over for dinner. Have fun with your mom, Miss you guys!