Monday, July 20, 2009
Phew!
The past few months have been very busy in this house. Since we got back from our last visit home in April, things have been crazy. Chant has been as busy as ever with school and his calling. He is getting great grades and learning a ton! We have been privileged to attend 4 convert baptisms in the past 6 weeks. Truly that has been amazing for us as a family. We have had two birthdays and one more coming soon. And I as well have taken 2 college courses. I finished 6 credits in about 6 weeks. It was crazy! To be honest, I was scared to take the classes. I haven't been a student for 5 years and I have forgotten how to do it. I was nervous to get started, but once I did it was a great experience. Of course it was much harder to juggle school and 3 kids, but my understanding of what Chant goes through everyday grew immensely. I honestly don't know how he does it. But I feel so proud of myself, like I really accomplished something. And it felt good to be learning again. I do miss being a student. I miss the fire I would feel when reading my history books and hearing people's stories and the way they affected me, and the passion I had when discussing topics with fellow classmates and when writing papers. I love learning and I hope to be able to continue doing it through my own reading. I recently started a book called Sarah's Key. It is about the round-up of Jews in France during WWII. (Thanks for the recommendation Crystal!) Now I have 4 more years to procrastinate my next 6 credits!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
You go girl! You can do it!!!
I am so proud of you! That is great! Keep up the good work!!!
Way to go, Kara! Wow, you sure have had a lot going on. What courses did you take? Who'd you take them through? That's awesome.
I'm glad you're reading that book. It is a good one!
We should get together sometime. I feel like I haven't really spoken with you in months!
Oh, by the way, this is Crystal Hunter! I forgot I was signed in under this account. :)
Good for you! I have days where I miss school and days where I don't. I think working makes up for that, I feel like I'm using what I've learned and it makes me feel good. As long as I don't work too much. :)
Good job! I am assuming this is to keep your accredidation? I really need to look into that, but I don't know where to look or who to call. I am nervous about how it will be with kids too. Yikes!
Wow. That is fantastic. I can't even begin to imagine taking classes with kiddos, so way to go! Did you do it to re-certify? I don't even want to think about that!
Good for you! I misssed school so much that I decided to go back. :) Now I am ready to be done, though.
Post a Comment