Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July
















(Real men wear pink!)
Elder Hobbs got a little nervous about getting the perfect frothy mounds.  


I was snug as a bug in a rug all cozy and sound asleep in my bed when suddenly I was jarred from my peaceful slumber by a shrill screech coming from the back bedroom.  Porter.  I looked at the clock.  3:45 a.m.  After a drink of milk and a finding his binky, Porter was back to sleep.  I, however, was not.  It was raining.  Raining!!!  After weeks of beautiful weather and heat advisories and the one day I actually wanted it to be nice it was raining.  I fell back to sleep hoping the rain would stop in time for the parade.  We had a date to see a famous purple hippo and I didn't want to stand him up!

But no such luck.  The rain kept on coming.  The Elders were supposed to go with us to the parade.  They showed up at 9:00 and went with Chant and the girls to see what was going on.  Of course the parade was canceled.  But Brinnley was okay because there were people standing on the side of the street and she waved to them as she went by.  When they got back home she told me she was in the parade!  What a great attitude!

Since the parade was a no-go, we put a movie on for the girls and the missionaries and Chant headed for the kitchen.  The project for the day:  Ice Cream Cake.  Talk about complex!  That recipe was quite involved.  But it kept them busy for a while sorting egg yolks and whites, mixing until fluffy and forming  frothy mounds.  There muscles will be a little bigger tomorrow after all the hand-mixing.  While we waited for the cake to bake, it was a head to head match in an intense game of Sequence.  Elder Hobbs and I won!  Sorry Chant and Elder Goudie, maybe next time!  (The Game is not over Yet It is 1-1 in a 3 game series,  Tie Breaker is to come and Elder Goudie and I will not go down with out a fight!  We'll Bring the Rain!)

After all the sweat and tears (k, maybe not tears but you get the idea) that went into the preparation of the cake, it flopped.  Oh well.  We had ice cream sundaes instead.  

That afternoon at 4:00 we attended a baptism.  It was so amazing to be there and witness it.  We truly are blessed to be members of the Church and to have knowledge of a Father in Heaven and a Savior who love us.  Thank you Nancy for allowing us to be there and share your special day with you!




    

No comments: