Saturday, June 6, 2009

A.M. Birthday Activities

Today my baby boy turns 1!  I cannot believe it has been an entire year.  A year ago right now I was lying in a hospital bed watching "What Not to Wear" while I patiently waited for Dr. Young to come and break my water.  In the meantime I was having contractions that registered at 90 and the nurse would ask if I felt anything.  I was completely oblivious that anything was even going on.  All I knew is that I had an afternoon to watch a marathon of my favorite shows, "What Not to Wear" and "Say Yes to the Dress."
It wasn't until 7:47 p.m. that our little man made his entrance.  And our life hasn't been the same since.  He is the happiest baby I have ever known and he is a joy to our family.  He is determined, persistent, fearless, yet snuggly, soft, and loving.   We love you Porter Boy!
We started the festivities to celebrate his big day at 7:30 this morning when we went to garage sales.  We struck gold when we found a house that had matching bikes with training wheels and helmets all for only $10 each.  Used only twice!  Lucky for us they had twins.  We snatched those puppies up!




Brinn got on hers and took off.  Her first time riding a bike!  She did great and I am sure we will have the training wheels off in no time.













Ainsley is too short to turn the pedals but she will be there soon enough.  Until then she will be perfectly pleased with Mom or Dad pushing her.













The proud owners of new bikes.















Singing good morning to Porter when he woke up at 6:30.  We are ready for a fun day!

1 comment:

Michelle K. said...

What a loved little boy with all of these birthday activities! I can't believe he is 1 already. I remember when you had him. You found some great loot at those garage sales. We are going to miss your cute family.