Thursday, January 1, 2015

Decorating the Tree

 After the kids came in from playing in the snow and warmed up with some cocoa, we pulled out our boxes of decorations.  We wanted to get a real tree this year, but we didn't plan far enough in advance to get the permit.  At least we know for next year.  So we pulled out the good ol' fake tree again.  The girls loved helping to color code the branches to the trunk.
 In the meantime, Porter played with Santa and his elves.
 This year decorating was so much fun!  We have the awesome mantle above our non-working stove, and the wonderful shelf in the living room.  It was putting for all my little trinkets.  This Nativity was given to us last year by our Secret Santa.  Every night we got another piece of the Nativity.  The kids loved it and looked forward to it every night.  This year was very exciting to be able to put out the whole thing all at once.
 Look closely at the mantle and you can see the little figurines the kids painted last year.
 My friend gave us the beautiful toole and it really added something special to the tree.

 I've had this little wooden Nativity for as long as I can remember.  The number of pieces have dwindled over the years, but I keep a special eye on them so we don't lose any more.  the key players are all still present as least.
 I've also had the duck forever too it seems.  He used to have blue gems for eyes that have fallen off.  I found some blue buttons I am going to glue on him as replacements.

 I loved being able to display our stockings all season long.  Love that shelf!
 My Real Deals birds and owls.  I miss that store!

Our house felt so festive and Christmasy!

1 comment:

Katie Lynn Goudie said...

Looks super cute! Love Christmas decorations. :)