Brinnley Beth turned 8 on January 26. She's 8! I know I say this every year, but I really cannot believe she is this old. This little lady is so sweet and tender-hearted. She cares about everyone and is such a great friend, and has great friends as well. She is aware of others and works hard to make them feel special and included. She loves science and math, creating things, and learning about animals. She adores her teacher and loves school! She loves to read, mostly books about animals and other informative books. She loves making art and is very creative with her supplies. (She loves raiding the recycling bin.) She has her own sense of style, but she's still my t-shirt, jeans, and tennis shoes girl. Her favorite colors are lime green and turquoise. She loves Legos! In a word, she's awesome! I love this girl and am so thankful she's mine!
This year she wanted to do the zebra and cheetah thing. It took some creativity and planning on my part, but I think it turned out great. Her cake was zebra on top and colorful cheetah spots on the bottom.
We found these awesome zebra balloons and hung black and white streamers in the living room and kitchen.
I had to snap this picture of the kids before the girls headed off to school Friday the 25th, the day of Brinnley's friend party.
While they were at school I made these nail polish treats. (Marshmallows with frosting on them and Tootsie Rolls stuck on the top.) These were a big hit with the girls.
My sweet birthday girl!
This year Brinnley decided to keep her guest list small. She invited 4 girls, but only 2 were able to make it. But we had an awesome time!
(Ainsley, Kelsey, Ashlyn, Porter, and Brinn)
After eating their nail polish marshmallows, we made pop can tab bracelets. It took a minute to get them going, but once the girls got a few on the ribbon they had a great time. While they were making bracelets, we put Chant to work stirring. We made Kool-Aid lipgloss and Chant got the lucky job of stirring until the Kool-Aid melted into the Vaseline.
After bracelets we had the perfect birthday dinner, pizza.
Then it was present time. Ainsley made Brinnley a sweet card. SO thoughtful! And Ashlyn and Kelsey both got Brinn Legos, the same set actually. But Brinnley was super excited about it. I thought it showed how well her friends know her because Brinnley loves horses and that's what the Legos sets had.
Next was cake time. She was pretty surprised and excited about it. We kept the cake hidden until it was time for it.
And of course we had to save time for dancing and crazy contortionist moves. So fun!
I think everyone had a great time. I know my kids went to bed with smiles on their faces. Party number one was a huge success!

No comments:
Post a Comment