Saturday, February 2nd Brinnley Beth was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The party started Friday when Grandma, Grandpa, Madison and Logan came. Grandpa took the 5 grandkids swimming for an hour and a half at our Rec Center. They had a great time! Our Rec Center is awesome and that was our first time going there.
Friday night I was putting the finishing touches on the food. I saw this cupcake dress on Pinterest and knew I had to make it for her baptism. I was pretty happy with how it turned out. It's hard to tell, but that is a heart-shaped broach with purple stones on the corner of the ribbon. I think Brinnley thought it was pretty cool.
Friday night we were expecting Kasey, Tracy, Lacey, Lily, and Brent. About 10:30 p.m. I got a call from Kasey saying Brent fell off the bleachers at Lance's basketball game and broke his arm and they were in the ER. They didn't get to our house until 4 in the morning. I couldn't believe after that they still came, but I was so glad they did and I know Brinnley was too. Kirk, Tyler, and Easton left Ashton about the time Kasey got to our house. They pulled into my driveway about 8:30 a.m. and made it to the church by 8:50, with the baptism service starting at 9:00 a.m. Crazies!
This is the outfit that Brinnley picked out with Grandma months ago. It has been hanging in the closet patiently waiting for this day to arrive. Brinnley chose this dress and I think it was perfect for her. Understated but beautiful!
You may be wondering why the pictures of the hair. Well, I have been contemplating what to do with Brinnley's hair for weeks. See, this lady has a head full of thick, gorgeous hair and it looks beautiful down. But, I wanted to do something that could last getting wet without having to restyle it. I found this style on Pinterest and thought it would be perfect. But Friday I tried it out on her hair for school and I struggled. It's just so dang thick! I didn't know how to contain the braid on one side while I worked on the other. But I couldn't find anything else I wanted to try. So Saturday morning I was up at 6:00 so I could get myself ready and have lots of time to perfect Little Lady's look. We turned Wizards of Waverly Place on the I-Pad and I got to work. And it took an entire episode for me to get this thing done. Yes, that's right, 25 minutes for two French braids and a ponytail. And you should have seen me when I finished. I was literally whooping for joy and hi-5ing everyone. Seriously I couldn't get the smile off my face. I think it looked amazing. And, it made it through being wet still looking fabulous. I was pretty dang proud of myself! GO ME!
She looked so pretty!
And Ainsley chose her own outfit as well. This is her favorite skirt. She was a bright ray of sunshine!
At the church before getting changed.
A proud mom with her beautiful girl.
In their whites and ready to go.
Before the baptism, Tyler gave a talk on baptism. Brinnley specifically asked him to speak. She thought he would be a great choice since he just got off his mission, "he knows about this stuff." So I had her call him herself. She was so excited when he said yes. And he did a great job! He spoke on their level and it just really clicked. He talked about making covenants. Brinnley was sitting next to me and she poked me and said, "Mom! We talked about this!" Yes, we did.
Then it was time to head to the font and for Chant to perform the baptism. I didn't shed a single tear the entire day, but I was filled with this peace and joy. Watching my beautiful girl go under the water, my heart was just so happy. I am so grateful for this girl and her beautiful spirit. I am so thankful for the Church and peace it brings into my life. Seeing her make this covenant was just beautiful.
After the baptism we heard a talk about the Holy Ghost and then Chant was joined by friends and family in a circle to put their hands on Brinnley's head and give her the gift of the Holy Ghost. That too was amazing. Just so happy!
After that we all went to a different church building to celebrate with food, family, and friends. Before food, I insisted we take a picture of Brinn, with Grandpa, and the men in the circle.
Left to right: Braedon Goudie, Sam Young, Mike, Chant, Kasey, Grandpa, Easton, Tyler, and Kirk.
Then it was time to eat and chat. (Brent, Porter, and Brinn)
Kristy, Mike, and Will
Tyler (with his eyes barely open since being awake since 4:00 a.m.), Kasey, and Grandma
Chant and Jen
Maddie and Logan
Jennie and Sam Young
Gran and Brinn
Grandma and Grandpa
After leaving the church, it was back to the Rec Center for another few hours of swimming.
It was a beautiful day and I was so happy that our friends and family could be there to celebrate it with us.





2 comments:
Congratulations! I am so nervous for this day. Is nervous the right word? Brinley looked so lovely and my heart is touched by your words. I love the hair doo! For real that is me 100% with Naomi, except it would take me that long to a simple simple braid.. I am also impressed that in Utah they don't do the giant group baptism but let you do your own thing with your own speakers... Well so happy for you guys and Brinley. OH and Happy birthday sometime soon right? Wednesday?
This is awesome. I can hardly believe my little nursery kids are getting baptized!!! What?? I am so glad it was a peaceful day, and glad that Brinley had such a great time. I love the hair. I hope to be able to do that someday.
Post a Comment