Monday, June 6, 2011

Up on the Roof

Friday, June 3 was the second concert in the Rooftop Concert Series. It is a series of concerts that goes the first Friday of each month from May to October in Provo on the top of Provo Town Square Parking Terrace. It is sponsored by the lovely C Jane. And I can say that she is lovely because I can now also say that I have met her and talked with her.

So, backing up. I have been looking forward to attending this concert since it was first announced. I immediately told my wonderful sister-in-law Jen that she had to come with me! Jen picked me up Friday and we drove to Provo. We met with a few of Jen's friends and got a fantastic dinner at Gandolfo's. We took our sandwiches up to the rooftop so we could get our seats. When we got to the top of the stairs there standing in front of me was the lovely C Jane. I couldn't believe it! I wanted to talk to her but she was busy so I went with the group to get a seat. A few minutes later she was walking in our direction. I grabbed my camera and walked over to her. I asked if I could take a picture but first we had a chat. I told her I read her blog every day and she is a part of my day I look forward to. She said, "Bless you." I asked her how she was feeling with her pregnancy. She said "not very good today." I told her I can relate because mine were rough too. She told me she couldn't believe I had three children and it's people like me that make her feel bad for complaining. I told her it that I feel bad for her. Then a lady graciously offered to take our picture. I have to say that it's not very good of me, but I will take it. That moment with C Jane made me feel so special. She took the time to talk to me! She truly is charming, gracious, and beautiful. I was very impressed with her!

This is the beautiful view from the rooftop. The lanterns were the perfect touch!
Jen!
The show started with Ryan Innes. He was amazing. I loved his smooth as butter voice.
When we got to the rooftop to claim our seats, there was an entire section of blankets. Perfect, because that's what we had. We set up shop and were watching Ryan when three girls carrying camping chairs came right in front of us and put the chairs on top of the blanket. So, this was my view for a majority of the show. The amazing pictures were taken by Jen when she leaned far to the side so she could see around Miss Blue Chair.
The opening act was Mindy Gledhill. She is AMAZING! She is my favorite. I own all her albums, have every song memorized, and I am waiting for what she will come out with next. This is her last show for a while because she is due with her third child in a few months. And she looked radiant. That dress is gorgeous! And she sounded as good as ever. Maybe even better. There is something about the lanterns swaying in the breeze and the view of the mountains in the back that add to the ambiance of it all.
If you look closely, that's Mindy, far away. Every once in a while when Miss Blue Chair sat up straight I could get a glimpse.
She wore the wings for all the fans who are familiar with her music videos. It made me happy. I love them!

Her encore song, C Jane joined Mindy on stage for an awesome number. There was dancing, singing, it was magic!

The main act was Meaghan Smith. Some of you may recognize her song "Here Comes Your Man" from the movie 500 Days of Summer. I love her voice! Her sound is so unique and I love that at the beginning of each song she gave the background on it. Now I understand the songs and the meaning behind them. It was pure bliss listening to her.
She is charming, adorable, and has great taste in clothes.

That night was a dream! Thanks Jen for sharing it with me!

3 comments:

The Ingleby Family said...

OH I wish I could have come!!!! I am glad you had a great time!!

Sarah said...

Looks like a fun concert. So glad you could go enjoy it. :) I will have to listen to their music.

Lisa Robbins said...

That looks like a lot of fun Kara! You make me laugh with the "Miss blue chair," comment. Haha!