Sunday, June 5, 2011

School's Out

August 16, 2010 was Brinnley's first day of Kindergarten. This little girl was so excited! She held still so I could do fancy braids. Then we walked to the bus stop and waited. She was a little nervous and a lot excited. Then she got on the bus and I watched my baby go for the first time.
These 9 1/2 months have flown by. Brinnley has gone through a lot of change in that time and she always amazes me. She has done great with change, making friends quickly and settling right into the new routine at her new school. She loves her teacher and we are so grateful for all she did to make Brinnley feel welcomed. June 1, 2011 was her last day of Kindergarten. Brinnley has mixed feelings about it, but the first thing she said when asked if she was excited about summer vacation was, "I will miss my friends." My social butterfly! I am looking forward to having so more time with Brinnley. I have some fun things planned for us and I am excited for our first summer in Utah!

I cannot believe that in a few short months I will have a Kindergartener and a first grader! Ainsley is ready! She is excited to learn and do the things that Brinnley has done. She practices daily with her writing and reads books with me. She will love school! Time is going so quickly! I love my girls with all my heart to the moon and back and I am so proud of them!

2 comments:

BensonFam said...

They sure are sweet girls! Glad Brinnley has had a great experience at Silvercrest (funny - Livvy said the same thing to me when she walked in the door on her last day.) We will have to play LOTS this summer!

Liana Brown said...

Aw they are so grown up!! And so cute!! Lets do something this summer!! I MISS YOU!! And we live soooo close!!!