Thursday, June 16, 2011

This Is My Town

Saturday, June 11 was Herriman Days. We were up bright and early so we could get to the parade. This time we weren't watching the parade, we were in it. We had shirts made with our name and logo. Even the kids had their own CopperWell Chiropractic shirts. They were so excited!
This was the early crowd. Teran, Chant, Margi, the kiddos, Jen and myself behind the camera.
Brinn was ready to go!
Porter needed a little more sleep!
The whole group was Teran, her boyfriend Jack, Frances, Kerry, myself, Porter, Hannah (Jack's daughter), Ainsley, Brinnley, and Jen, and Margi and Chant were behind the camera.

Jen and I were in the trailer with the kids throwing candy and waving while everyone else walked and passed out flyers. This was such an awesome experience. People were clapping and yelling "Yay CopperWell Chiropractic!" Then towards the end of the parade someone yelled, "Welcome to Herriman CopperWell Chiropractic!" In that moment I truly felt like a part of this community in a way that I haven't felt since Ashton. I felt like I was a part of something bigger than just my group of friends and my ward family. I felt like my circle of involvement and influence was larger. While we were waiting for the parade to start, I was looking around at all the people that we interact with and have gotten to know. There was our insurance guy, the dentist and his staff from next door, people from the Chamber that we have met. I felt this was home on a different level than I have in a long time. I knew that this is where we belong.

After the parade and lunch, we went back up to wander through booths and listen to music. We had a lot of fun. I even got in a dance with Porter. And the kids enjoyed the bounce house.

A little after 8:00 in the evening we met up with some friends to go to the fireworks. They didn't start till 10:00 but we wanted to get a spot to sit. Even that early the parking lot was full and we ended up on the street. (I was grateful for that because one of our friends did get a spot in the lot and they didn't even get out until I had been in bed for 15 minutes.)

We went with the Ingleby's and the Benson's (Cameron had to work, but he was missed). While we waited for the show to start, the kids played and ran around. We had a pretty good spot and there was room for them to be a little crazy.
Miss Jean Bean.
Olivia
Brinn
Bruce and Chant
Getting in some snacks
Caleb
LillyAuna and Ava in the back
Tanyon

We had a fantastic day with amazing people all around! We were all exhausted and I was hoping the kids would sleep in Sunday. They did...till 6:45!

3 comments:

Liana Brown said...

Looks like such a fun, busy day!!! I wish I could have come seen you guys in your little float!! I am so happy you feel like your home, and part of a community!! I still gotta come see you and the new office! I know for a fact Joel needs some work done on his back. It's pretty bad lately!

Lynne said...

So sad we missed it! We were going to go this year and I didn't remember until late that night! I'm glad you all had so much fun and hopefully next year we'll be there to see you in the parade.

Sarah said...

Oh. Sounds like summer. Glad you are having fun!