
Monday, June 6 my little man turned three, or as he says free! I cannot believe my baby is three! He is such a fun little boy and we were so excited to help him celebrate his big day. Saturday we took a family adventure to the Kennnecott Mines in Herriman. We live so close and we thought it would fun for him to see the big trucks. While we were driving up the mountain Porter kept saying "Wow! Big mountain!" When we got there the very first thing we saw was this massive tire. It costs $35,000 per tire and each truck has six tires. The tires only last 9 months. It costs 3 million dollars a day to run their fleet of dump trucks!

There is a visitors center that we wandered through with lots of interesting displays. The kids had fun looking at all of them. Then we watched an 18 minute video. Chant and I were a little nervous if they would get bored with it, but they were fascinated and sat still watching the whole thing. It was very interesting.

The massive dump trucks are the size of an average two-story home. "Wow! Big truck!"

A shot of the mine.

On the way down the mountain I asked Porter if he had fun. He said, "Not fun, it's amazing!" He was so cute!

Sunday evening we had Porter's party with Jen and Gran. They came over about 4:30 and we had dinner, presents, and cake. We had a special seat with snowflake decorations for the birthday boy.

Porter was so excited about his Spiderman cake! (Thanks for the idea Tracy!)

This year the girls each picked out a present for the birthday boy. They wrapped the gifts too. The first present he opened was from Brinnley.

She chose a light saber for him, which she called a life saver. Porter just calls it his sword. He was super excited!

Ainsley chose a tow truck. She saw it and that had to be the gift. She was so excited for him to get it she couldn't help but be right then when he was opening it.

And Porter didn't seem to mind at all.

Gran got him a fun kit with words that have cut outs to put the letters in. All the kids were excited about this one. (Ainsley has played with it every day.)

Last the big surprise from Jen. She had hidden behind her own guitar one for Porter. He was so excited!

He got right on the couch and started his concert. So cute! He continued to play for us while the adults were eating dinner. He gives a good show!

I think this little boy had a pretty good party. I love him so much and I am so grateful he is in our family. I cannot imagine our home without his warm smile and the screeches of the girls when he bugs them. Happy birthday Porter Boy!
4 comments:
How cute! We almost went to Kennecott on Friday. No wait, it was on Saturday. That would have been funny if we saw you there. Anyways, it looks like you all had a fun time and Happy Birthday to Porter!
Oh, I also wish I knew it was his Birthday on Monday. We could have sang to him on Sunday in Nursery. I will try to remember to do it this Sunday!
That place is SO fun! T loves going there! Happy Birthday Quarter! Do you think he will play for us??
How fun! Looks like Porter had a great birthday!
Post a Comment