Lately we have been blessed to spend a lot of time with family. March 19th and 24th we were with Chant's Dad and family celebrating birthdays. Then my sister-in-law, Sokie, brought her kids Crystal, Lincoln, and Naomi to our house last week for an afternoon of food and fun. It was so good to get to know her better! She is wonderful and so are her kids!
For Conference weekend my brother, Kasey, brought his family to stay at our house so they could go to the Conference Center for a session of Conference. It was wonderful to have them. Our living room was wall to wall beds and people, but I loved it! I am so grateful they want to come to our house and I hope they know how much we enjoy them when they are here!
(Brinnley, Lily, Ainsley, Brent, and Porter)
This was their one freeby crazy face.
All the cousins: Lance, Lacey, Luke
Brinnley, Porter, Lily, Ainsley, and Brent
This Conference was somewhat of a miracle for my little family. I think this was the first time we have been able to listen to all 4 sessions of Conference since we have had kids. And it was incredible! For the Saturday morning session, Kasey and his family went to the Conference Center and my family loaded up in the car with a lot of popcorn and water bottles. We drove up to the Timpanogas Caves (I can't spell). We just drove for the entire two hours. My hope was that we would be a captive audience to the radio and we wouldn't be able to move around. But I was worried the kids would scream and fight. I was pleasantly surprised. They did so we and we were able to listen. Saturday afternoon we watched it from home, as well as both sessions Sunday.
This Conference was beautiful and motivating. There was one talk in particular that touched me. The speaker talked about mothers and how some have to work and some stay home. He said the Lord was grateful for our efforts in raising His children. I came away feeling like it was just what I needed to hear. There are times I feel like what I do is not so significant. But that's not true. What I do in the home is the most valuable work I will ever do. Even though I may feel that dishes and laundry and housework are menial, it teaches my children cleanliness and the importance of hard work. Every day I teach my children whether through example when they see me read my scriptures or say my prayers or whether it is physical teaching of things like letters and numbers and writing. What I do matters and even the small things are important. I need to find joy and accomplishment in them. I came away with feelings of love and gratitude for the Lord and his prophet and a desire to do better.
Yesterday we enjoyed a quick visit with my parents as they were on their way for a much deserved vacation. And now today my mother-in-law comes to town. I feel so grateful to be close to family so we can see them more than 3 times a year and that we can be more actively involved with things. We are loving it!
Truly we are blessed!
A very important side note: March 24 we signed the papers for our business loan. We hope to have our chiropractic office opened by the end of the month and then have the grand opening in May. We are so blessed and grateful that things are working out!
4 comments:
I never appreciated all we do with our extended family until Cameron and I moved out of state. It was definitely a growing and strengthening experience for us and we so grateful to be back! P.s. do you have details on insurance contracts yet for your practice? Do you know if you'll accept selectmed?
I'm so glad you're getting to spend time with your family! I bet you enjoyed being able to just turn the TV on and watch conference, too! Congrats on getting things in order for your practice! That's very exciting!
How fun for you to have so many of your family members come visit you. It's always fun to hang out with family! I am so glad you had a good time!
I know exactly what talk you are talking about. I loved that talk too, and feel the exact same way. I love, love conference weekend.
Congrats on your new business coming soon! Can't wait to hear more about it!!
Post a Comment