I have been without my best friend and the love of my life for 9 days. It has been challenging, dealing with a new place and being the sole parent of three kids. But we are surviving just fine. The most challenging part has been the mental side. I am feeling homesick for my friends in Missouri and nervous and unsure of myself in this new place. I have met a few people and one dear girl even brought us dinner Monday night. I am so grateful to Michelle for that service and show of friendship. It came when I needed it most. Monday was a hard day for me and Tuesday rough as well. But last night I talked to my amazing friend and sister-in-law, Jenny. She said something that I needed to hear. It is okay to miss the people and place that I left behind, but I need to move forward as well. I cannot merely be here, a shadow that floats from one room to the next hardly leaving the confines of my home or talking to others. So, today is a new day. It actually started last night. I watched this:

And I have been reading this:

And I am wearing this:

It is turning out to be a good day! And I am even going to take Michelle's Tubberware back to her today. Ha! I am going to be social. It really is going to be a good day!
P.S.
I am noticing a theme. Okay, so I am a little obsessed with werewolves right now.
4 comments:
Yay! I have the same problem sometimes, I wouldn't really call myself shy - but sometimes I don't want to try and be social. Good for you though! And way to be positive! :)
That's so true! It is way hard to be without your hubby. Hang in there!
Wait, where did Chant go? And that is so hard. New place, away from what you knew as home for so long, and all without your BFF. You are good to go out and try and be social! Oh how great would it be to be your neighbor someday :0)!!!
Where are you? I knew you wanted to live in Daybreak. Are you there now? My family lives just around the corner from Daybreak in Bluffdale and my best friend lives in Daybreak. I grew up there in South Jordan so wouldn't that be funny if you met some people I know. Such a small world. I want to plan a trip to Utah before we move to Texas so maybe we will look you up! And I don't know what you are talking about, you are the sweetest, nicest person who was not afraid to invite anyone and everyone over for dinner so I know you are just faking being shy!
Post a Comment