Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

We spent Thanksgiving at my sister-in-law's home (Jenny). She and my mother-in-law made an amazing meal! While the food was cooking I got to relax and watch Home Alone. Good times! Porter enjoyed playing with Gran's phone. He was looking at pictures of Annie dog and making a few phone calls.
(Feeding Brinnley olives.)
After our feast the kids played in the snow in Jen's backyard. Ainsley was tempting fate with this one.
Porter LOVES the snow. The first time we put his snowpants on he screamed and wanted them off. I kept getting him dressed because I knew once he figured out what they were for he would want them on. I was right. His favorite thing to do is throw the snow.

In the late afternoon we came home to put up our Christmas tree and decorations. We had the Christmas music on and everyone was laughing and helping. It was a perfect Kodak moment, but everyone was so busy enjoying it we forgot to photograph it. Oh well. Next year...
The day after Thanksgiving Chant and I did Black Friday shopping. We weren't too crazy, Chant did go to the midnight sales at Wal-Mart and victoriously made it out of the store with two items. The next store didn't open till 6:00, so I got to sleep in :)

That afternoon we rode the Trax into Temple Square for the Lighting Ceremony. Oh man it was so cold! I had on my tiny little Rocket Dog sneakers and my toes were ice cubes. (I have since purchased a pair of boots that are already being broken in.) Porter was wrapped up in a blanket, hat, and mittens in his stroller. When I would ask how he was he would say, "I cold." While we waited we snuck into every building for warmth. These pictures were taken on one of our pit-stops inside.


Brinnley was so excited about riding in the train. Her first time on a train and she thought it was the coolest thing!
We had another snowstorm Sunday. This time it buried Brinnley. Well, Daddy may have helped a little bit.
We survived the freezing cold weather and kept warm with homemade chicken noodle soup. So good!

We even had a little pre-dinner entertainment. Our next door neighbor was shoveling his sidewalk and he would through the snow over the fence into our yard. Porter would gasp and then laugh every time the snow came flying over. It was the cutest thing to see him gut-laugh each time.

We had a wonderful holiday and we have so much to be thankful for. The top of the list is a healthy family, a wonderful home, safety during travels, and wonderful friends and family who love us and support us. And of course we are grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who hears and answers our prayers and provides for our needs and a Savior who loves us enough to die for us. Yes, we are blessed!

1 comment:

Crystal and Billy said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. We watched Home Alone, too!