livin' life & lovin' every moment.
THIS is the DREAM!
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Trick-or-Treat
Friday night was our Halloween party at the church. The kids were so excited! Porter has been putting his costume on for two weeks and then it came time to get ready and I held up his monkey costume. He grabbed it from me and threw it on the floor saying "NO monkey!" So he went as himself :) Then we have a dragon and a giraffe. Ainsley eating a cookie she won as a prize for a game. Brinnley is going fishing. This game was pretty funny! Brinnley was too fast for me to get a picture. They tied gummy worms to a string and hung them from a pole. Basically like bobbing for gummy worms. Porter's tongue was wiggling like crazy trying to get the worm. He worked hard for that treat! When it came time to do the trunk-or-treat, Brinnley asked if she could go with her friend Ellie Tilton. The girls were off and I didn't see her again until they were done. I cannot believe my baby is old enough to be doing things with friends instead of me. So big! Ainsley was Chant's partner and Porter and I were buddies. The only thing about my buddy is he didn't want a buddy. He was an independent little boy! He held my hand for about the first three trunks, then he pulled away and he was off. He was pushing his way through the big kids to get to where the candy was. But he was so good, saying trick-or-treat and thank-you at each trunk. I could barely keep up with him he was moving so fast. And he was a repeat offender, stopping at the same trunks several times. Sorry guys! I tried to stop him! It was a huge success. We came home with smiles and bellies full of sugar!
Ha ha! That is funny about Porter. Noah BAWLED when we first tried to put his buzz costume on. He had huge alligator tears and just said, " I don't like it. I want it off!!!" ha ha. but once he realized he was getting a bucket to put candy in...he was easly swayed. The next couple nights were a piece of cake. lol. The kids sure look cute, glad they had fun.
3 comments:
That's funny-Hudson didn't want to put his costume on either. Must be the age? Sounds like you had fun though!
Ha ha! That is funny about Porter. Noah BAWLED when we first tried to put his buzz costume on. He had huge alligator tears and just said, " I don't like it. I want it off!!!" ha ha. but once he realized he was getting a bucket to put candy in...he was easly swayed. The next couple nights were a piece of cake. lol. The kids sure look cute, glad they had fun.
Oh so cute!
Post a Comment