About 5 years ago Chant and I were deciding where we would move and he would attend chiropractic school. Oregon was at the top of the list. We even made a trip there to see the school and look at housing. We thought that was the place. And then it just didn't feel right. We quit being excited about it and suddenly Missouri was it. I didn't even see it until we moved out here. We just knew this is where we had to be.
We have about 8 weeks left before we will pack up our moving truck and go back west. I feel at peace with this decision just as I did about moving here. Today at church, as I looked around at the amazing people in our ward, my heart was filled with gratitude for the blessing of being in this place for the past 4 years. I have met the most amazing people here! We have been so blessed with friends as close as family. We have been given the opportunities to serve in the church and grow from those callings. I love the young women in our ward and I am so thankful for the examples they are to me and for all they taught me. They are so happy, positive, and loving. It brightened my day talking to a group of them in the hall. I am thankful for the amazing sisters in our ward. I have felt love from each one of them. They have taught me so much, through their examples and their prepared lessons. I have grown so much as a mother and an individual and I know that is largely due to the help and examples of these wonderful women. My children have been blessed with the best friends and teachers and leaders. Thank you for teaching my children and for loving them! Chant has been so blessed to work with the leadership in the church, from the Elders Quorum to the Bishopric. He tells me often how grateful he is for the privilege of working with these men and learning from them. You have touched him deeply.
I know the Lord hears our prayers and he guides us. I know this is where my family needed to be. We have grown and been prepared for the next phase in our lives. So I guess I just wanted to tell our Missouri family that I love you all and thank you for everything you have done for my family and myself, even though thank you will never be enough!
4 comments:
I SO remember that trip of yours to Oregon. Remember we were going to go there to? We had 'our' plan all ready...but someone else had a different plan for us! I can't believe that it has been four years for you guys. So crazy. I'm sure that is going to be hard to leave your Missouri family. I just hope that we get to settle down next to you guys in four more years!!! :0)
We'll miss you, Kara!
I cannot believe you only have 8 weeks left. That is too soon. What a beautiful post and what lovely things you had to say. I feel the same way about our ward. What a blessing to be touched by these people. You are one of them to me. I hope you keep in touch after you go. We will miss you and your too cute family. I wish you and Chant much love and success and happiness!
it is hard to hear that!!!
I love and support you guys fully - just sucks for us!
:)
Post a Comment