Sunday, October 31, 2010

What They are up to Now

I recently reconnected with someone I had lost track if, someone that is very important to me. He asked me what my kids are like. Well, this is what they are into now. Brinnley loves school! She is doing so well. She has made so many friends and she loves going. She comes home from school and write letters and colors pictures. Her favorite thing to play is school. I am thinking a ream of paper and an easel for Christmas. :) Brinnley is very outgoing and always happy and helpful. She is obsessed with horses and dogs and she wants a puppy so bad that last night she cried herself to sleep wishing she had a dog. I don't have as many pictures of her since she isn't home as much. I will work on fixing that!

Ainsley girl (picture above) is loving to play outside. Every day she takes a shovel and digs in the dirt next to our house. Since the leaves have started falling, she likes to rake them up and then jump into them. She loves to read books and is learning how to read. She can count to 50. She knows her ABCs and she can count objects at least to 25, we haven't tried to go higher. She is like me, a little afraid of new things, but once she is comfortable she comes out of her shell.
Porter Boy. He is a bundle of personality. He too is obsessed with horses. He has adopted all of Brinnley's plastic horses. He does the best neighing sound you have ever heard. It is so loud! He wants to watch the movie "Spirit" everyday (it's about horses). He also loves to play with his cars. And he is kind of partial to Brinnley's doll that Grandpa gave her for her first birthday. Here he is sharing his yogurt with her. For all you who haven't seen Porter for a while, he is talking well. And he talks a lot. He's learned the art of taddling and arguing with the girls. He is a firecracker! Funny story. Last night we were having dinner at my sister's house and Porter kept saying "potty." He wouldn't stop so Chant took him into the bathroom and of course nothing happened. A while later he did it again and wouldn't stop again. This time I took him. I took off his diaper and put him on the toilet. I thought I would leave him up there for a minute and then take him off and put his diaper back on. I wasn't really paying attention. All the sudden Porter squealed and I looked down and he was peeing all over his pants and legs. His eyes were as big as saucers! Maybe potty training will be easier and sooner than I thought.

I love these kiddos!

No comments: