I turned 28 on the 13th. I have always enjoyed my birthday. Really, I do find the 13th to be lucky. (It is also the date of my anniversary!) This year did not fail me. I put in my requests early. "No movies and no church dances." No offense, but I don't dance. Other than the previous criteria I told Chant to surprise me. And surprise he did. A friend of ours came over at noon to watch the kids. (Thanks Devin and Amie!) The first stop was lunch. Since my favorite place doesn't open till 4 on Saturdays (weird, huh!) we settled for The Cheesecake Factory. It was fabulous! I got this amazing pasta dish that was unlike any I have had before. The sauce was sweet and delicious. Next we ventured to "The Loop." Really it is a street that is lined with fun and unique shops. Loved it! Little clothing boutiques and the most darling book store. I could have made some real damage in there. As it was we window shopped. It was so nice! And the best part was I got to hold my sweetheart's hand since I was kid-free.
When we got home we had a pizza dinner and then the cake. The girls were so excited because they picked the cake out for me. Flip flops on the beach. I felt like I was back in Hawaii. I could smell the ocean and feel the breeze through my hair. Oh, it was bliss. Such sweet girls! I was gifted two movies, Sleepless in Seattle and I.Q. Perfect for my Valentine's Day viewing pleasure. Thanks family for making my birthday fabulous! And thanks friends for all the gifts and happy birthdays. I am the luckiest girl ever!
7 comments:
Your hair is lovely! I love it! Glad to hear you had a good b-day. Love you!
Let the good times roll.
Kara, how did I miss your b-day!? I am so sorry! I'm glad you had a good one! You look great!
Glad you had a good bday and felt like you were back in Hawaii! :)
Happy birthday to a beautiful and wonderful friend. I am glad you had fun celebrating!
Cute hair!! Happy birthday!
Yay Happy birthday Kara! I'm so glad you got to celebrate it with and without your kids. That's the best.
Post a Comment