Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'M SO EXCITED!!!

So, anyone who knows me well knows that I am a Gilmore Girls fanatic. I got hooked on the show in December 2004. I had just graduated college and I was a month away from my due date with Brinnley. One day while channel surfing I found Lorelai and Rory having one of their insanely fast conversations and I was hooked. We didn't have cable so for every birthday and Christmas after that Chant got me the next season on DVD. Every time I opened the package and saw the new season, I would cry. I am such a sap! I now have all 7 seasons.

I know this is a little silly, but I feel an emotional connection to the show. I have a ton of memories flash through my head when I think about the Gilmore Girls. I think about 2 difficult pregnancies, a colicky baby and 4 different apartments. Lorelai and Rory are just as real to me as any friend I have. That show was there for me through a lot and I couldn't wait for the next season to see what would happen it there lives.

Chant and I always talked about going on a trip someday to see the town that inspired the show, Washington Depot, Connecticut. It was something that I have wanted to do for 3 years, but I always thought it would be just a fun idea that would never happen. But this dream is coming true!!! We are going to New Jersey in October for a pediatric chiropractic seminar. It is only 3 hours from Point Pleasant, New Jersey to Washington Depot, so we are going!!! I have been online all morning looking at pictures and planning all the places I want to go and things I want to see. I cannot even begin to explain how excited I am!!! My husband is so good to me. He is the one that pointed out how close it is. I cannot wait to go and I will for sure put up pictures when we get back!

No comments: