Sunday, September 21, 2008

Garage sales, LOVE them!

So our new favorite family activity is going to garage sales on Saturday mornings. I went a few times with friends earlier in the summer, but in July we decided to go as a family. We loaded all 3 kids in the car and hit the road by 7:30. We went again yesterday, but this time we were not as efficient in getting out of the house and it was nine. But I must say that the sales here are amazing. My goal was to do my Christmas shopping for the kids and Brinnley's birthday shopping. I have been amazed at the quality of things. I have almost finished my Christmas shopping and it has all come from garage sales and all of it looks brand new. And I have gotten a lot of cute clothes in bigger sizes for Porter. Yeah!

The first time we went, in July, we gave the girls a sandwich bag that had a few quarters in it. At one of the sales a lady gave Brinnley a little coin bag to put her money in. So when we went yesterday she made sure she had her money bag. She got a new horse and a puppy dog and she was able to pay for them herself. She was such a big girl. Ainsley has been playing with the little Kelly dolls she got all day. I love family activities where you can take a few bucks and have a day full of fun!

No comments: