April 8-12 Gran and Jen came for a visit. We were beyond thrilled to have them come! We were missing family like crazy. Chant had to work still, so I got to play tour guide.
Our first day we went to Salt Creek. We've never been there when the tide was so low! It was pretty cool for us to be able to walk all the way out to this little island.
The kids climbed up on it so I could take there picture. It was kind of gross because that rock is covered with little shells. I was hoping whatever they were that they were already dead!
This is another place the kids have never been able to walk to before. Pretty cool.
Aunt Jen, the artist!
I forgot my camera, but we did go to the city pier one day and walked around downtown.
Saturday we took the ferry into Seattle. Coming in the skyline was beautiful!
We took them to Pike's Place Market, the gum wall, and to see the Troll. (All of our favorites.)
That night we went to the most fun little diner. It had a Route 66 theme, and all the booths had city names over them. It took us a while to figure that out because there were names like London on the plaques. It was pretty funny because the waitress used to live in Texas and she went off about how much she hated it there and couldn't wait to see it in the rearview mirror. We debated telling her London is in Texas and so were a few of the other towns, like Sidney. We decided to leave her in ignorant bliss so she wouldn't hate her job. She was a hoot! She told us they didn't serve milkshakes on Saturday because they are too busy. We totally believed her. She was laughing so hard she sat right down next to Chant in the booth. The other funny was Porter. He kept saying his tooth was really wiggly. Next thing I knew he had pulled it out. We asked a bus boy who walked by for more napkins because he was bleeding a lot. The kid was kind of like okay. Then we told him Porter had just pulled his tooth out. We died laughing because that kid's face was so funny. Total shock! It was such a fun night!
We were so grateful they made the trip to come see us! It was perfect timing with it being Spring Break. And we needed it! Love you!

1 comment:
Every time I get an email notification in my inbox that you have posted on your blog, I get so excited. The other day I had several notifications and it was like Christmas!
So much fun and a much needed trip for us too!
Post a Comment