Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween Party

 Oct 22 Porter lost his second tooth on the top.  Now he really will be singing "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth."  I love listening to him talk!  So funny with the "ssss" sound.
 October 25 was our ward Halloween Party.  This year Brinnley was an Army girl, Ainsley Miss Karate, and Porter Pirate.  They were really excited about the Halloween party.  Our little buddy Hunter stayed with us most of the evening. First we had a chili cook off.  So good!  Then we had carnival games.  Each auxiliary was in charge of helping run a few games, so both Chant and I were busy doing that.  That left our kiddos by themselves to go to the different games.  But they were just fine going alone and when they came through my room they were behaving so well.  Hunter, Porter, and Brinnley stuck today.  Brinnley was the little mother hen ushering her little chicks along.  So sweet to watch!  It was a little bittersweet for me.  My kids are growing up so fast!  I was a little sad not to feel needed.  But it made me proud to know they could be trusted to be good.  It was such a fun night and all the hard work the Primary (the auxiliary in charge of the event) put into it was well worth it!


No comments: