Saturday, August 30 I was feeling an itch to see something new, and to have one last adventure before school started. We decided to take a Twilight tour or Forks. I got on the city of Forks' website and printed out the official Twilight map. We were all set!
The drive from Port Angeles to Forks is gorgeous! The road hugs the side of a lake for a good majority of the time. It was just beautiful! 
When we got to town, we had to stop and get our picture taken by the famous welcome sign. Right behind us a legit Twilight tours bus pulled in. They paid for their tour. Ours was completely free and probably just as good :)This is the house Stephenie Meyer based Bella's house on.
The hospital where Carlisle works.
The house the Cullen's home was based on. It's actually a bed and breakfast. Beautiful place!
This amazing castle carved out of a log sits in front of the home.
We visited a few gift shops and the girls had to get their pictures taken with Edward and Jacob.
After seeing as much as we wanted to in Forks, we headed for La Push. Chant almost wouldn't take me because I kept saying it like the guy in the movie. So he said to me "I'll take you if you stop saying that." Awesome! I have a keeper!
This is La Push. It was a foggy day, but beautiful!
I love these pictures of the kids. They almost look photoshopped in, but they aren't.
My little man lost that front tooth just a few hours before this was taken. I love his little lisp.
This amazing fallen tree offered a great view of the ocean. It was perfect until a man fishing caught a fish. The kids were all excited to see it. Then the guy took the fish off the hook, put it on the tree, and stabbed the fish in the eyeball with a massive knife. And he left the knife it there holding the fish to the tree. It's tail was flopping all over the place. I got a little woozy and Brinnley was freaking out. "Did you see what he just did?!?" Yep, and I wish I hadn't. We moved on after that.
I loved this beach with the waves and their rhythm. It was just beautiful and so peaceful even though a lot of people were there.
It was a great way to spend the last free weekend before school started.

3 comments:
Love it! So glad you got to see Forks!
oh that fish story... I have to put this on my bucket list now! Your little story of "la push." sounds like a very common interaction between me and Devin. :) awesome adventure. Sorry if I'm an over commenter. No one else updates! (including me)
Love it! Everything you post looks so beautiful! I'm still totally living through you as I don't think we will ever have a chance to live on the west coast. Sigh.
Also what a weirdo with the fish! Glad the rest of it was beautiful and not as random! Ha! :)
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment