Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Change


Ever since we came back from our visit to Idaho the end of July, our life feels like it's been in a constant state of change.  The middle of August, we got a car.  We've been a one car family for a year and a half and it worked great, but things were getting more crazy and I needed to be able to pick the kids up from school.  To make a long and nightmarish story short, it's been nothing but a headache and we will be returning it soon and getting something else.  In the meantime, we got rid of the car that we've have since March 2012 and got another car as well.  Confused yet?  Me too :)  So now we have two cars but both are new to us.  And we'll be doing another switch out soon.  This whole car process has cased a lot of stress but hopefully it will all be over soon.  

The kids started school August 22 (the girls) and August 30 (Porter).  Porter being gone in the afternoons has been an adjustment.  I miss him.  It's been just the two of us for a couple years and I miss my quiet time with him.  But I enjoy our mornings together.  I started babysitting two more kids, so now I have 3.  I babysit 4 days a week now.  They are here in the mornings.  It's nice because it gives Porter someone to play with but I still get a little time alone with him before he goes to school.  The few hours all three of my kids are at school the house is so quiet!  It was an adjustment for me, but now we have a routine going. 

Chant's sister, Kristy, her husband Mike, and their son Will moved to Colorado on September 14.  Saying goodbye to them was so hard.  We have loved having them here and getting to know Mike better.  We miss Will a lot.  He is such a fun, sweet little boy and now they are so far away again.  We had one last family dinner Sept 13 to say good-bye and while we were all together we took a long overdue family picture.
 (Kristy)
 (Mike, Will, Kristy, Brinn, Margi, Porter, Jen, Ainsley, me, and Chant)
 We miss this little man so much!
 Margi and Kris
September 13th was Chant's and my 10th anniversary.  I cannot believe it has been 10 years!  It's gone by so fast!  I am so grateful for him!  I thank Heavenly Father every day for blessing me with this amazing man.  I cannot imagine going through life without him.  Love you!

The biggest change for us happened in August.  August 21 Chant signed over his portion of ownership in our business to our business partner.  It was a very hard and emotional decision for us, not one made lightly.  There was a lot of prayer and fasting involved with this decision.  As hard as it was, for many reasons, we both felt very strongly this was the right thing for us to do.  We are in the process of working on other opportunities right now that are very exciting for us.  We are hopeful for the future and what it holds for us.  There are many more changes in store for us, but we feel so blessed with the love and support of family and friends who have been there for us through every step of all of this.  For someone who is not fond of change, we've sure had a lot of it.  But I am learning to appreciate it and see the opportunities for growth that change provides.  And I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that constantly reassures me I am not alone and I am not forgotten.  There is a plan for us, I just need to be patient and enjoy the ride.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Kara. Change can be so difficult and also exciting. I have been wondering where and what you what have been up to lately. I hope that good things keep coming your way, and you continue to feel Heavenly Father's love in your life.

Katie Lynn Goudie said...

Love this. I know it's gonna be a good Change! Love how positive both of you are through out all this craziness! :)