Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Summer Update

 Wow, I am incredibly behind!  We have a new computer now but for a while we only had our old 2006 computer and it was very slow and loading pictures almost always put the thing into shock.  But now we have a new one and blogging will be much easier!

A lot has happened since I last blogged.  June was a nice quiet month around here.  The kids played outside and we just enjoyed the lazy summer days.  Porter turned 5 in June and he had his first friend party.  We did a Jake and the Neverland Pirates party.  It was so much fun!  We had 8 little boys!  I was a little worried but it turned out fantastic!  He had such a great time with his friends.  This Superman cape was one of his favorite gifts.
 
 We spent the 4th of July in Twin Falls with my family.  My niece Lily was baptized.  It was wonderful to have all the family together and to enjoy the weekend.  Kasey kept us busy with lots of water activities and we loved every minute of it.
 The kids and I spent a few weeks in Ashton during July.  The kids always love going there in the summer.  They played restaurant and house in the playhouse. And we were in the water all the time, between Sand Creek and our friend's cabin.  Brinnley has become quite the little fish!  Ainsley and Porter are getting more and more comfortable in the water all the time.

 We had a wonderful visit with cousins from Minnesota, Maddie, Nora, and Hayden.  They were there for almost a week and we loved it!  The girls were sad to say good-bye to their new friends.
 Porter was able to go on his first day out with Jen since he turned 5 this year.  They went on an urban safari and Porter still talks about it.  Jen sure knows how to make memories and make the kids feel special.  They always enjoy that time with just Aunt Jen.
 The girls started school August 22 and Porter started August 30.  They were so excited to be back in school.  August was quiet around here because all the other neighbor kids started school the end of July (track system).  They were ready to go back and see their friends.  Ainsley was a little nervous because she is in a portable this year, but I think that now she's used to it she likes it.
Porter had the hardest time staying home that extra week while the girls went to school and he stayed home.  He is in afternoon Kindergarten, so he doesn't start till 12:30.  Poor little man had his shoes and backpack on at 9:30 and was ready to go.  The longest three hours of his life I am sure!  He loves school and is doing well.  I didn't cry but did have a little panic attack when I watched him walk through the doors.  I just kept thinking "What am I going to do without my little Buddy to keep my company?"  But we are in a routine now and I am doing much better!

That was a very glossed over version of the summer, but something is better than nothing.  We did have a great summer and I loved having my kids home and spending time with them.  I miss them when they are gone all day long!

No comments: