Easter was wonderful this year. The Easter Bunny was going through a recession, but the kids didn't seem to care. They each got a a big chocolate bunny and the Easter Bunny had littered the yard with eggs.
They were thrilled with their full buckets.
I think the best part of Easter for us this year was the true focus on the Resurrection. We talked about it at home, in church classes, and the Sacrament speakers left my heart full of gratitude for my Savior and His sacrifice for me. Thank you Amber and Bryan for the beautiful talks. We didn't have new dresses, but we took great care with hair and choosing outfits. And after all that, we forgot to take pictures. Oh well. It was a beautiful day.
Our home teachers came after church and then when they left we went to Gran's to see her and Jen for a while. It was just a nice relaxed day thinking about what is important.
1 comment:
I love Easter! I love that you don't have to do very much and it can be such a great day. I hope to always keep Easter simple and focused on Christ. Good for you! Recession Easter=Resurrection Easter.
Post a Comment