Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Life

 I feel bad for Porter because I never posted a picture of him at Halloween.  He was the most handsome prince I've ever seen with his make-shift sword and shield. 

We had an awesome Thanksgiving at my parents home, but unfortunately I left the camera at home.  This is Porter's first year with a live tree and he loved tromping through the snow to find the perfect tree to cute down.


 Saturday, December 1st I was at Jenny's house for a sisters' crafting day when Chant called to tell me he had Porter at the ER getting stitches.  He tripped and fell into the corner of our bookcase.  He got 4 1/2 stitches (Dr. counted the double stitch as the half).  I made it back in before he got the stitches, so I was in the room with him holding his hand.  I was shocked because Porter held completely still.  I kid you not, the boy didn't move at all.  His eyes followed the needle as the doctor pulled it up, but that was it.  I was getting a little queasy, but I held my boy's hand and focused on his wrinkly little fingers.  We made it home 45 minutes before the ward Christmas party started.  He wanted to go, so we changed him out of his bloody shirt and off we went.

 I've been a little obsessed lately with hair tutorials.  Finally, I found someone who could explain the waterfall braid to me.  Brinnley is so patient while I watch my videos and then copy what I've seen on her and she is always excited to look in the mirror when I'm done.  She's started to have more of an opinion about her hair and tells me how to do it.  The half waterfall is a new favorite of hers.  I only do it on one side and then finish it off with a normal braid.  I love that she lets me experiment on her.  Ainsley only lets me try new things after I've done it on Brinnley and only if it looks cute.  Love these girls!

No comments: