I have The Forgotten Carols CD, and I have played it many, many times since Thanksgiving. One time Brinnley was really listening to the words and she asked me what the songs were about. So with each song I told her who's story it was and explained it. Then we read The Forgotten Carols: A Christmas Miracle for Isaac and Eliza. The book has 4 of the carols in it. As we read the book, the girls recognized the carols and they knew the stories. Again, I thought to myself They get it! And this Christmas Eve morning as I was in the kitchen preparing food for tomorrow and the girls were in the living room coloring, we listened to The Forgotten Carols. The girls decided to make decorations for the house, and Brinnley wanted to make the manger scene. She made it all by herself! When she told me what she was making, she said, "I am making pictures about Jesus because that is why we celebrate Christmas." And Ainsley reminded me that Santa Clause comes because he is like the Kings taking gifts to the Baby Jesus. And that is what it is all about!
I have also been so touched by the love and generosity of others. We have been so blessed and I am so grateful for all that we have. I will always remember this Christmas, as we have had so many of our own Christmas miracles this year. I love my Savior and I am grateful for Him, for His birth; His life of service, love, and teaching; and His death for us. I hope that as we open presents tomorrow that we will continue to remember the reason for the season.
1 comment:
Awesome. I am so blessed to have a friend like you. So happy you had such a wonderful holiday season.
Post a Comment