Ainsley did really well on her testing and she was very excited about the candy she got afterword. She seemed a little shy, but I know she was soaking everything in. I am possibly more nervous about this lady going to school than I was with Brinnley. Brinnley is outgoing and confident when Ainsley is a bit more reserved at first. Add that to her 12% frame and I get a little nervous for her. But she will be fine. I however will probably cry.
Monday night we had a special dinner of hot dogs and watermelon and I made cupcakes for dessert. Then our Family Home Evening was introducing our theme for the year. I chose Love One Another. I thought this was perfect. With both of them starting out new, I thought it would be a good reminder to love others and be a friend. We talked about how they could show love and concern for others at school and at home. I am very excited about this theme. All three days since school started we have talked about what Brinnley did to show love or concern for others at school and Ainsley has talked about what she has done at home. It has been good for us and I hope we can continue to do it.
Tuesday morning was the BIG day. I was finishing Brinn's hair when I told her next she needed to put her shoes on. She asked which ones and I told her whatever ones she wanted, knowing she was going to choose her sneakers. Cracks me up! But she loves them and a sandal hasn't touched her foot since.
She's quite good at striking a pose.
So what have we been doing while Brinn is off learning? Lot of train tracks and cars and of course the ocassional babysitting job. These two were pros. They even managed to feed the baby with a Flinn Rider figurine. Baby didn't seem to mind.
Even though Ainsley has had fun playing with Porter, she is anxiously waiting her turn to ride the bus for the first time! Speaking of buses, when we were at the school for her testing, we found out this year they approved a bus to take morning Kindergarteners home. I am so excited! No more loading the kids in the car and driving to the school everyday. It is going to be fabulous!
5 comments:
What a fun post (I feel like we haven't talked in forever - we need to catch up!) LOVED Brinnley's hair and all of your pictures of the kiddos are so cute. Tell Ainsley good luck - she will be wonderful! And once all of these big girls are away at school we should probably plan some play days for these little boys of ours (and talk time for us of course!)
Love the first day of school pictures. So cute! :)
Sweetness! Loving the hair too! It's been so long since I've done cute hair! Seeing it gives me hope that I'll find time again for cuteness! Alex really misses you guys. Whenever anyone talks about BFF's she says " Mine are Brinley, Ainsley and Whitney".
Luv u guys
What an exciting time! I love how you chose a scripture theme for the year. Great idea!
What fun, new adventures. I wish you the best on your new school year. The kids look so cute, and good job with Brinn's hair.
Post a Comment