Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remember


This morning I watched tv specials commemorating the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. I cried as they interviewed children who were born after their fathers were killed that day. I cried as people spoke of what they saw and experienced. I too remember exactly where I was. I was a Sophomore in college. I was in my apartment blow drying my hair when the phone rang. It was my mom. She told me to turn on the tv. I sat and watched as the second plane struck. I remember walking on campus and seeing everyone's faces. We were all trying to process what was happening on the other side of the country. I will forever remember that day and how we changed as a county and a people because of it.

Of all the things said today, one stood out to me most. Katie Couric was talking about the memorials. She was speaking of all the trees built around the memorial. They were talking about how fitting it was. To see the trees changing with the seasons will forever be a symbol of life. I love that. Honor those who have died for us by living, really living and doing our best. To end the program they played a Beyonce song, "I Was Here" and I thought it was beautiful. (The link below is the video.)

http://www.celebuzz.com/2011-09-11/beyonces-i-was-here-becomes-inspirational-911-tribute-video/

No comments: