Sunday, August 21, 2011

Bring on the New

Fall is my favorite time of year. I love the rich colors and the way the cooler weather makes me feel alive, awakened from my comatose state caused by the heat. And this year maybe more than ever I crave the change of the seasons. With that change in the weather, I have a hope that I can change too. That I will be able to shake off the wearing down I have felt from the changes in our lives. I hope that like the colors of the leaves I can glow just as bright and be the better, more positive person I want to be. Even though this year I am mourning the loss of the beautiful tree that stood in the front of our home in Missouri, I am excited to see the colors change on the mountains of Utah. I am so ready for fall and all it has to offer!

P.S.
These photos are taken in front of our home in Missouri last fall.

4 comments:

Randi and Adam said...

Wow! Those are beautfiul pictures! I also love the fall! It is my favorite time..it brings on so much family time too...Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas...I love the smells in my house of baking again. :) the warm colors. But nothing up here looks like fall!!! Are those pictures current? ha ha. It's 90 degrees today and not a leaf in my grass! And change is hard.....it's usually for the best...it's just hard to adjust. for everyone! We hope to see you guys sometime soon too!

Kara and Chant said...

That was from last year, the tree in front of our yard. It had the most amazing leaves and when they fell the kids has so much fun rolling in them.

Katie Lynn Goudie said...

I love fall!! So much! I also love the pictures from your old house - don't worry, Utah looks beautiful in the fall too. :)

We should all go for a hike when the colors start to change. :)

Cam and Mary said...

Just pray that fall lasts for a while! I still miss all of the trees from where we've lived. You'll have to take some drives through some canyons here. They are gorgeous! Hope things are going well!