Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Music Man

Last week was Porter's first week going to music class. My friend Emily is doing a summer music class called "Musical Me." We were out of town for the first class, so Porter took a while to understand what was going on when everyone else had already been introduced to the class. But he had a good time. Emily said she would give him an instrument and he would play it a minute then hand it back and fold his arms and watch everyone else. That's his thing lately, he's always got his arms folded. SO funny! The class was all about percussion. When he got home he showed me how they marched and he played his hand clappers. And he wouldn't take off the hat they made in class all day. This morning I told him he is going back to class today and he was so excited. "I go to music class and see all my friends!" I think this will be a great thing for him. Thanks Emily for doing it!

No comments: