Monday, February 7, 2011

More Than You Know

It is 6:31 a.m. The pounding sound of feet come down the hall towards our bedroom. In barges Ainsley Jean. "There's a 6 and a 3. Can we have breakfast now?" Chant gets out of bed and heads to the kitchen while I put on my exercise clothes and shoes. Chant is busy pouring cereal and cooking eggs when I pop in my workout video. In the 45 to 50 minutes I am jumping around the living room Chant is busy cleaning up the breakfast dishes, unloading and reloading the dishwasher, helping the kids get dressed, and sometimes doing hair.

This has been our routine for the past few weeks. I am so grateful for a husband that so willingly carries the load so that I can have that time to work on me. I feel stronger in body and mind. I feel proud of myself that I have been doing this five times a week. I feel good for setting this example for my children. But it would not be possible, or at least it would be incredibly more difficult, for me to do this without him. So thank you Chant for your love, encouragement, and support. It means more to me than you will ever know! I love you!

3 comments:

Kara and Chant said...

I hope you know that I could not do what I do with out your support and love, starting a practice is proving to be the most stressful thing I have ever done! You have supported me through it all, and there is more to come! It only get better from here!
I LOVE YOU
Chant

Cam and Mary said...

You two are sweet! Sounds like you're both super supportive and helpful. Way to go Kara! That post to Porter was so special, too.

Sarah said...

That is awesome! Good job you guys!