Sunday, November 21, 2010

Home Snowy Home

We arrived at our new home last Tuesday about 5:00 p.m. At 6:00 members of the Elders Quorum were here to help us unpack, and 50 minutes later everything was out of the truck. Since then things have been a blur of unpacking and getting settled in. We still have the living room to unpack and then starts the decorating. But we are loving our new home. It has three bedrooms and a loft upstairs and the living room, kitchen, and dining area downstairs. My favorite room is the loft. We have designated it the toy room. In the 4 days that the toys have unpacked, the kids have played more than they have in a long time. We decided to put a toybox of boy toys in Porter's room. I have already heard mooing and roaring come from his room. When I peak around the corner he is laying on his belly playing with all his farm animals and dinosaurs. So cute! And Ainsley girl has discovered my old dolls and doll clothes. She has spent hours changing their clothes and taking them on tours of the house. I love it! Brinnley started school Thursday. She was nervous, but still so brave. She went right in the classroom, saw a hook and took her coat off and hung it up. The teacher was surprised by how comfortable she seemed. She is nervous about making new friends, but I know she will be great at it. There is another Brynlee in her class and so her teacher was trying to decide how to distinguish them. When school was over Brinnley went up to her and told the teacher she could call her Brinn because that's her nickname. Perfect.

Then last night we had a surprise. We woke up this morning to 9 inches of snow in our yard. The kids are so excited! And I have to say that it is beautiful, but then I haven't driven in it yet. Our home has the most beautiful view. We can see a mountain range out both the front and back of our home and the back is a completely unblocked view. Love it! The first morning we were here the girls were up bright and early as usual. I could hear them talking so I went to their room to say good morning. They were kneeling on their bed looking out the window. Brinnley said the mountain was glowing and it looked like Christmas lights. It did with the little dots of lights on the side of the mountains.

It still doesn't seem real that we are here, but I know once my things are on the walls then it will feel more like home. The camera cord is in a box somewhere, so pictures will come later. I am just grateful we made it safely and have a warm, comfortable place to live.

7 comments:

Robnz Fam said...

Yay! Back 'home' again. Where are you at now? Rexburg?

Crystal and Billy said...

I'm glad to hear you made it to Utah safely and that you are liking it!

Randi and Adam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Randi and Adam said...

Don't know how I deleted my last comment...but Yea! I can't belive that you guys are within drivng distance! I'm excited to have you guys close. Glad you like the house and snow. We sure are getting a lot of it. Hope all goes well and that it starts to feel like home for you.

Cam and Mary said...

Well you're definitely getting a snowy welcome! :) Glad you got here before all of this mess! I'm excited to see your new place!

Robnz Fam said...

I still can't believe that you came back and we came here! We would have had so much fun hanging out with you guys on the weekends! We would have been so close too!! Will you be in Idaho for Christmas now?

School is going by really fast for Seth. He just has about a week or two left in the first semester. YAY! Closer to being done ;0). We are staying warm out here. My mom just emailed me the blizzard warnings for Eastern Idaho! Crazy!! Stay warm!!

Sandra said...

I hope everything continues to be fabulous for you in Utah. I have to say I'm jealous, but I'll stick with the weather here as long as I can. I'm so happy for your sweet family. Make a snowman for me.