Friday, August 8, 2008

Again!?! Are you kiddin' me?

So, I cannot believe I am writing this, but I am. Let me preface a little bit. August 3 my mom flew into St. Louis and then the 4th she, the 3 kids, and I started our 3 day drive from St. Louis to Ashton, Idaho. We are going to visit until the beginning of September. The kids did great! Ainsley got a little restless at times and she was definately done by the last day, but they really did great. (Thank goodness for DVDs!) So we have been in Idaho since Wednesday about 6:00 p.m.

Last night, Thurday, Brinnley was playing in my parents' back yard. She was running down the sidewalk and tried to jump over a basketball. She didn't quite make it. She landed on top of the ball and then rolled right off of it. She hit the grass and her right hand caught her. She instantly started to cry, but she was appeased after a while. But she really babied the arm and didn't want to do anything the rest of the evening. Last night was awful! Any time she rolled over onto her arm she woke up crying. It did look swollen just below the elbow and she was complaining of pain in that area. So we took her to Rexburg this morning to have it x-rayed. The pediatric doctor was in surgery, but the doctor that we saw put a splint on it and said that it was fractured and more than likely would need a cast. We go in on Monday to meet the pediatric surgen. We will find out then if it needs a cast. In the meantime, she has a splint and a sling. She is doing great now, with a little Tylenol. She is becoming a lefty very quickly! Amazing how well kids adapt.

Anyway, I promise my children are being taken care of. I guess they are just unlucky like their Aunt Jenny! (She was always getting hurt when she was growing up.) It sure doesn't do much for the mom self-esteem though. But we are doing great other than that!

3 comments:

r.l.secor said...

Ah man! What a bummer! I think it is harder on Mom than it is on the kiddo's sometimes - they bounce right back and adapt - and it is just more work and worry for us. Good luck - it sucks having to wait 'til monday to see the doc. Let us all know!

JennyFaith said...

Kids will be kids. Don't beat yourself up. They must experience this type of stuff, believe me, I'm speaking from such experience. I was well cared for but I just seemed to get myself hurt all the time. You are a great mom! Kids will be kids. Love you and hugs to my accident-prone nieces! Love you all!

adorable pearsons said...

First off- what a bummer about Brynnlee- poor little one! And hey- all kids manage to get injured no matter how well they are watched. I mean who know a basketball could break an arm ? :) Then I missed the memories post and wanted to write one. I remember sitting next to you in the chapel by Horkley's on your first day. Brynlee was just 7 months and I couldn't get over her beautiful blue eyes. You were so friendly and I coudln't wait to get to know you better. I was so grateful to serve with you and have learned so much from you- to this day even! I was grateful for your patience with me an definitely relied on your passionate side. I loved our temple outing as a couple. I just adore you and think you're a wonderful person!