Thursday, December 27, 2007

I couldn't believe it!

A few days before Christmas we were at Margi's house. The whole family (Kristy and Jenny included) were in the living room. The little girls were playing and the rest of us were watching. Ainsley climbed on a chair that was pushed up against the television. I said to her, "AInsley come back here or you will hurt your eyes." She turned around and looked at me, pointed her finger and said as serious as can be, "I'm watchin' a movie." I sat there shocked that my 17 month old daughter had just put me in my place. After a minute I started to laugh. I unfortunately was the only one who heard it, but as soon as I told the others, we all started to laugh.

My Ainsley Jean started saying words this summer while we were in Idaho. When we got back to Missouri the beginning of September she really started talking. She now speaks in sentences and she talks very clearly. I am a little nervous for what things will be like when she gets older since she is all ready talking back. But it is so fun to have conversations with my little one. A phrase that Kristy taught us while we were there over Christmas was "cheeky monkey." I love it! That's my baby girl alright!

3 comments:

Robnz Fam said...

YAY for blogging. We miss you four+one soon :0) so much. We are so excited to keep in touch by this blog now. Make sure you post tons of pics so we can see growing Ainsley and Brinn OK!!!! I love the posts already, and I'm anxiously awaiting more :0). Love you guy's SO MUCH!

Robins Roost

Mike & Kristy said...

Love that cheeky niece of mine! Love you ALL! So excited to see you blogging. Looking forward to all the stories and pics :)
Love,
K

Letha said...

i had so much fun with Brinnley the last night. She was such an animated and mischievious wolf--I loved being the "Parmer". I hope she can remember the fun things that we do together. I miss you so much!